Thursday, December 2, 2010

The video that Started it all!

Ok, so here is the deal. I had been messing around with filming and editing for quite a while - this is back in the near history of life as the Captain. My good friend and partner in crime, Andrew "Roosta" Langer, told me he had some epic footage from a secret location in SA, of perfect waves and a mammoth 6 hour session that he surfed - probably the best session of his life. Not much had ever been done with the footage and would I edit a youtube video?

Roosta some where between Durban and East London.
Of course I said yes, and some how got the boys from Goldfish to let me use one of their funky new tracks. It was a bizarre experience editing the video, I mean the footage was insane, but it was unbelievable to see how the video just organically came together - the first time as an editor I had experienced this. It was obviously meant to be! So now the video is sitting just below 20'000 views on Youtube, a milestone that I have never achieved before - neither has Roosta - so have a watch, enjoy the video that pretty much inspired me to start theGoodLife proper and gave birth to the Kaptein! Feel free to like, comment and forward onto everyone, haha, 30'000 hits would be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment