Friday, December 31, 2010

New years frenzy!

Shew, we there already. 2010 has been a crazy year and flew by before I even had a chance to put my hand on the handbreak and take a good look around. Frenetic is the word I should really use. I started the year making my first TV show and that was 4 months of mayhem, backstabbing, tears and reality - shit loads of reality! After all it was a reality show - but to see the final product up there on screen and people enjoying watching it made it all worth while. Way of the Warrior was a great success, but I still want to see it grow into something more.

I was really unsure what I was going to do after the show, but luckily the fates conspired to give me another first opportunity and I landed my first acting role. Once again there was no middle ground here and I found myself on a proper hollywood set, for Universal Pictures no less, with zero acting experience. Nervous, I was at first, but it took just one day and I got into the swing of things. It was definately the highlite of my career so far and I learnt so much about the procedures and methods of film making. The people we met and worked with on the film were also amazing and I feel this was a major turning point in my own personal development. Look out for Blue crush 2 in 2011 - it still makes me chuckle that I have to wait that long to see how I did.

So now I was sitting with these 2 firsts under the belt and not quite sure what to do next. Luckily my good friend and work colleague Andrew Black, finally put a taper to the fire built directly under my ass and I got serious about theGoodLife - a project I have been working on for almost 6 years. With his help we made our first DVD, Tv show (26 minutes for Supersport) and held a launch event. While the event was not greatly attended - I got pretty depro about it that night - I realised that the great people who did come, had an awesome time, meaning they will come to the next one and tell their mates to come to. I have this weird feeling inside that the project is just going to take off in 2011.

Part of this new found lease in confidence and forward thinking was quite simply down to you, the people who read my Blog. After years of writing but never really publishing, it was a huge boost to my confidence this September when I decided to finally blog full time, and people started reading it and enjoying it. It will be really interesting to see where this goes in 2011 and if I can actually make a living out of the blog.

New Years resolutions? Only one - ME! No more pandering to people and giving of all my time and energy. No more bending over backwards to make other people happy. In 2011 I plan to make myself happy, by doing what I want to do, by fullfilling my own dreams and creating my own success. This may sound self centered and a little ego driven - but its not. I finally realised that we so often give so much of ourselves for others, that we forget about our own happiness and fullfilment. If I can make others happy and successful, in the process of achieving my own goals, thats great, but no longer will I risk my own life's destiny for a pat on the back or a smile on a face.

I hope you can find your path for 2011 and that it is a succesful one. You are only as good as you allow yourself to be. Dont rely on others, make your own path and achieve your dreams!

Thanks for reading,

Captain Kai

No comments:

Post a Comment