Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hardcore Metal out of Soweto

It's not very often I am blown away by a metal band. I mean, my time of thrashing my head to my knees and back while throwing the evil fingers are quite far behind me. I might even throw my neck out if I were to head bang. So it was with a little trepidation that I allowed the Monster Energy guys to drag me down to the Assembly, Cape Town's top live venue, to watch a metal band. Mind you this is not your average metal band. Ree-Burth are made up of 4 black guys who grew up in Soweto of all places. Not exactly the first place you think of when you think hardcore. These guys not only found metal but each other and thank the dark lord of metal they did, because they totally blew all of us away. These guys can go large, globally! Have you ever heard of an all black Metal band?



Check them out on Facebook - Ree-Burth
I filmed the video on my little GoPro unit, was pretty stoked with how it came out, make sure you hang around for the interview by Chris Cab at the end, bloody funny!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy! Not many black metal bands out there, and they are pretty damn cool!

    ReplyDelete