Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jordy takes Parko out at Snapper

After a bit of a bad start, losing in Round 4, Jordy made sure of his continued climb to the Quik Pro win with an amazing come from behind victory over Joel Parkinson. Parko surfing in his home event looked as good as won, then let Jordy take a wave under his priority and had to watch as the Saffa took the wave to pieces and won the heat.
Kelly is still in the hunt! (Photo: ASP)

King Kelly also had to fight through the 5th round, and also had a huge mental mountain to climb. He defeated Ace Buchan in their encounter and is still in the running for the number 1 spot in 2011. Lots of speculation still over whether he will stay on tour, Kelly had the following to say, “Sometimes I look back at everything and I’m pretty stoked, it’s been a long time, I just love it. I don’t always love the competition side of things and I just love to surf and love to get in the water. It’s a blessing to surf here alone. All of these people don’t get to surf Snapper with no one out. I want to keep making heats so I don’t have to free-surf as much. I don’t really know about my plans this year. I guess I’ve put it out there that I might retire or it’s been put out there by other people. I guess people didn’t expect that I would get a title this late in my career and I don’t know what’s possible.”

Other contenders for the Quik Pro title are Taj Burrow, Matt Wilko and Brett Simpson, who all dominated their Round 4 encounters. Make sure you log on tonight in the early hours to see if our boy can take the prize! Go Jordy!

Watch at - Quiksilver Pro Live

No comments:

Post a Comment