Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Manny Mania South Africa

Skaters in Jozi had a busy weekend with both the JHB qualifiers, on Saturday, followed the next day by the SA Finals of the Red Bull Manny Mania.

Kanya looked pretty stoked to make the Finals.
Kanya Spani of Sandown won the qualifier for Red Bull Manny Mania 2011 at the Revolution Skate Park in Kempton Park, Johannesburg.  He and 3 other qualifiers the event went on to compete in the South Africa finals of Red Bull Manny Mania, the largest international event for amateur manual skaters.

“I feel really stoked about winning. It was unexpected, so I’m really stoked. I'm a little nervous about the final, but I know most of the skaters so it's going to be fun.”

The Manny Mania 2011 Finalists
From 32 competitors at the event today, the three other skaters selected to compete in the final included: Anthony Monalonca, Dada Marumo and Michael Bervoets.

Moses on his way to the win.
The final day kicked off and the pressure was on. In the end Dlamini Dlamini from La Lucia and Dada Marumo from Johannesburg finished second and third, receiving prizes from Session magazine and Element.
According to Red Bull Manny Mania judge Brendan Body of Session magazine it was a very difficult competition to judge, due to the high level of skating. 

Moses Adams from Milnerton was the winner of Red Bull Manny Mania 2011 in South Africa, held at the Revolution Skate Park in Kempton Park, Johannesburg.  He beat out 12 other finalists at the South African finals as part of the largest international event for amateur manual skaters.

“I didn't expect to win, but gave it my all. At the end my legs were so tired and numb, so I just tried to act like I was alone at the park skating. And I thought, if I can pull this off then maybe I can win. The event was awesome, I had fun and now I'm exhausted.”
Moses Adams will be flown to New York City on an all expenses paid trip to represent South Africa at the Red Bull Manny Mania World Final for amateurs on August 20, 2011. The winner of this event will get a chance to step into the big leagues by competing in the invite-only Red Bull Manny Mania Pro Event, on Sunday, August 21 in New York City.


For more information on Red Bull Manny Mania:
All images: Red Bull Media House / Tyrone Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment