Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ken Block's amazing 2010 - Monster World Rally Team


First of all, I got say I was a Ken Block fan before he ever got behind the wheel of a Rally car. DC Shoes have been my favorite footwear brand and one of my supporters for many a year and Ken along with, Damon Way started the brand way back in 1993. DC was all about providing good looking but super functional skate shoes for what they considered professional athletes - just look at the heights action sports have reached now!

I would be happy to!
Ken started his action sports career in skating, snowboarding and Motorcross, so it was not to much of a surprise when he decided that his real career was going to be behind the wheel of an all wheel drive rally car. Bless the day he made that decision, as it has provided the world with some of the greatest youtube videos ever made. His videos on Youtube, including "Gymkhana 2" and "Snow Park NZ", have garnered over 50'000000 views online and keep growing. As an online media junky, the man is my hero!

Oh how I wish this was my toy!
So, in 2011 Ken will be looking for success in WRC, Rally America and of course the XGames. I am also pretty sure we are going to see another in the Gymkhana series and hopefully more crazy antics from the DC Video series - such as racing through a Snow park. Take a look at his highly successful 2010 and I guarantee the green monster will raise his little jealous head -


1 comment:

  1. Also check out ken's gymkhana 3 revisted! http://captainkaisworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/ken-blocks-gymkhana-3-alternate-angles.html

    ReplyDelete