Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bianca dominates the World Junior Champs

I have been keeping my eye on Bianca Buitendag for a while now - stop it, not like that - this girl rips! She has long dominated the girls surf scene at home in South Africa, but over the past few days in Australia, she has been kicking all the international girl's asses too!

Bianca throwing it down! (Photo: ASP)
The guys from the ASP caught up with her after her historic win at the Billabong ASP World Junior Championships:

NORTH NARRABEEN, New South Wales/Australia (Tuesday, January 11, 2011) – South African dark-horse Bianca Buitendag (ZAF), 17, won the Billabong ASP Women’s World Junior Championships today in a hard-fought final over French talent Justine Dupont (FRA), 19, in two-to-four foot (1 metre) waves at North Narrabeen while Alizee Arnaud (FRA), 20, clinched the overall ASP Women’s World Junior Title with her equal 3rd place result in the event.

Buitendag quietly navigated her way through the early rounds of competition, tearing into several North Narrabeen lefthanders to eventually see the South African goofy-footer eliminate Arnaud in the Semifinals before topping Dupont in the Final to mark the biggest result of the rising star’s career.

“I’m very happy,” Buitendag said. “I don’t know how to explain it. I really wasn’t expecting this. I’m really happy about it and it’s the best result of my life. I’m stoked. My Dad has been supporting me since I was little, sitting on the beach and without him nothing would be possible, so thanks to him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment