Friday, October 8, 2010

Aah the Old School

Today I have 2 great videos for you to take a gander at. They both represent the old school for me, while still showing that the power of great surfing and music will never fail.
First off there is this video from Rip Curl, showcasing Tom Curren and Frankie Oberholzer. These guys were my hero's when I was a grom and to see them both ripping apart these waves in Indonesia is incredible. Tom was always the smoothest cat in the water, but its watching Frankie surf that really blows me away. He is still surfing as good if not better than in those original Search videos. Original Search videos? Check this out -

Now Rip Curl have a boat exploring the entire Indinesian Island Chain in their Tip2Tip campaign. They reunited Tom and Frankie and the waves were so good, they ended up staying for an extra week. Frankie is still just the surf stoked grom! Love it.

Hope enjoyed!
Captain Kai

No comments:

Post a Comment