Friday, June 29, 2012

Xgames 2012 - Day 1


Ok, so as most of you know by now, I have been gallivanting around California for some time now. The primary reason was to cover the XGames in all their glory. Turns out ESPN decided not to give me my press pass (To say I was disappointment was a severe understatement.), but life goes on and luckily I still managed to secure tickets for a couple of events.

I just got back to my hotel after the first of those and it was a big one. The Moto X Freestyle competition was mind blowing. Most of the talk was about Travis Pastrana not being there, but I can tell you that all it meant was that the young guns had their opportunity and two of them took it. Levi Sherwood was commanding and oh so smooth. He came in for the Silver, but I can tell you it was dam close. The man of the night however was the first Japanese Podium finisher in XGames history. Taka Hagashino blew minds here tonight and won the Gold with his first run! I watched him fly above my head (Managed good tickets for this one.) Check out the Gold winning run...



Also today were the Big Air Elimination for the skaters and while I could not watch them live, I got to watch most of show inside the Staples Center on the big screen. Some huge action including two massive 900's. This competition is going to get mad!  Mitchie Brusco and Tom Schaar both pull off 900s in the Skate Big Air Eliminations. These guys are kids, Mitchie is 14! Wild I tell you, just plain wild!


Tomorrow is another day and I will be at all the Moto X action including Step Up, Best Whip and Best Trick. Judging by tonight's action, the Best trick is going to be off the hook. A massive thank you to Red Bull South Africa again for all their help! You guys are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment